Did you know that there is an online, CME-Accredited course regarding the use of blood products?
In the area of transfusions, Less is often more!
Emergency and Family physicians, hospitalists, internists, residents and surgeons could all benefit from learning the when, why, and hows of transfusion.
Overall Learning Objectives:
After participation in this course, the learner will:
1. Appropriately interpret clinical signs and symptoms of reduced oxygen carrying capacity and utilize hemoglobin concentration to determine need for RBC transfusion.
2. Be confident their RBC transfusion ordering practice is up to date and reflects current literature.
3. Apply the appropriate elements of informed consent for transfusion.
4. Appreciate the indirect relationship of common coagulation tests to bleeding risk and the role of frozen plasma transfusion.
5. Recognize and respond appropriately to adverse transfusion events or reactions.
6. Know where to seek further advice on transfusion management.