Presentations, Interviews, FEATURES, Articles, etc. on "LEss is More Medicine" by Dr Otte
If you would like Dr Otte to speak at your event/conference/rounds, please email: email@example.com
- Keynote: Less is More in Medicine. MEDS 2017, Winnipeg, Feb 11, 2017. [prezi] [handout]
- Lecture: The Goldilocks Approach to Management of Type 2 Diabetes in the Elderly. MEDS 2017, Winnipeg, Feb 11, 2017. [prezi] [handout]
- Interview: Focus Magazine (by Alan Cassels): Tackling the over-diagnosis trend. Nov/Dec 2016.
- Lecture: Less is More in Medicine: avoiding pitfalls of overtesting & overtreatment - The CFPC Family Medicine Forum (FMF), Vancouver, Nov 2016 [prezi] [PDF handout]
- Lecture: Management of Type 2 Diabetes in the Elderly: The Goldilocks Approach - The CFPC Family Medicine Forum (FMF), Vancouver, Nov 2016 [prezi] [PDF handout]
- Workshop: Around the world in 80 names: Exploring global variation in terminology pertaining to ‘preventing overdiagnosis.' Preventing Overdiagnosis. Barcelona, Sep 2016 [PDF].
- Interview: The Medical Post/Benefits (by Pat Rich): Private medicine: Executive health vs. Choosing Wisely? / The debate over corporate health screenings: Do they lead to over-diagnosis? [PDF] Sep 14, 2016
- Video: The End of Guidelines [as we know them] (by Dr James McCormack) [video]
- Lecture: Powell River Division of Family Practice Pearl Fest: Choosing Wisely and Less is More. Powell River, BC. May 2016. [prezi]
- Panel, Closing Plenary: Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health (CADTH) Symposium: Evidence for Everyone – Expanding the Reach of Health Technology Assessment. Ottawa, Apr 2016. [video]
- Panel: Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health (CADTH) Symposium: Disinvestment: What Does it Mean in the Canadian Context? Ottawa, Apr 2016. [slides on slideshare]
- Cover feature: de Leeuw, S. The Heart of Being Alive. Canadian Family Physician, March 2016: 62(3): 246-249. [PDF]
- Poster: A New Kinds of Rounds. British Columbia Patient Safety & Quality Council: 5th Annual Quality Forum. Vancouver, BC. Feb 2016 [poster image]
- Lecture: The Choosing Wisely Campaign: Starting conversations about unnecessary tests, treatments and procedures. British Columbia Patient Safety & Quality Council: 5th Annual Quality Forum. Vancouver, BC. Feb 2016 [slides on prezi]
- Workshop: (session with Dr Tom Perry): Practical de-prescribing for complex polypharmacy in older people. Bringing Best Evidence to Clinicians: Combining Evidence & Clinical Pharmacology To Improve Drug Therapy. Therapeutics Initiative. Nanaimo, Jan 2015.
- Lecture: Choosing Wisely & Less is More in Medicine. 61st Annual St. Paul’s Hospital CME for Primary Care Physicians, Vancouver, Nov 2015 [slides on prezi]
- Workshop/Lecture: A New Kind of Rounds: Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes in the Elderly. Practice Support Program/Nanaimo Division of Family Practice. Nanaimo, Nov 2015 [slides on prezi]
- Lecture: Less is More in Medicine: Building the case for finding the 'right' amount of medicine for patients. Family Practice Residency Academic Week, Nanaimo, Sep 2015 [slides on prezi]
- Workshop: (with Dr James Rickert of thePatientFirst.org) “Choosing Wisely: Is it wise enough? Criticisms (and solutions) for the campaign." Preventing Overdiagnosis Conference, Bethesda, ML, USA. Sept 2015
- Interview: In Vivo Magazine (by Julie Zaugg): Less is more. [PDF] Issue #6, July, 2015.
- Book Review: The Patient Paradox: Why sexed-up medicine is bad for your health. British Columbia Medical Journal [PDF] 2015: 57(6): 234, 236.
- Panel: Tips & Tricks so you can be a Superhero Health Care Provider - Best Science Medicine Course (Formerly "The Drug Therapy Decision Making Course"), Vancouver, Apr 18, 2015
- Lecture: Less is More in Medicine - Society of Rural Practitioners of Canada (SRPC) Rural and Remote Medicine Course 2015, Montreal: April 10, 2015 [slides on prezi] [handout 1 pager]
- Lecture: Choosing Wisely (& Beyond): Starting Conversations Around Unnecessary Tests and Procedures - UBC CPD 50th Annual Post Graduate Review in Family Medicine, Vancouver: Feb 25, 2015 [slides on prezi] [handout 1 pager]
- Lecture: Less is More in Medicine - Vancouver General Hospital Family Practice Rounds, Vancouver: Dec 9, 2014 [slides on prezi]
- Lecture: Less is More in Medicine: avoiding pitfalls of overtesting & overtreatment - The CFPC Family Medicine Forum (FMF), Quebec City: Nov 15, 2014. [slides on prezi] [handout 1 pager]
- Lecture: (with Dr. James McCormack) Less is More in Medicine: philosophy and practice- Doctor, Patient and Society (DPAS 420) Course, UBC Vancouver: Oct 20, 2014 [slides PDF]
- Interview: The Medical Post (by Wendy Glauser): Lessons from the North (login required) [PDF] Oct 7, 2014
- Interview: Santé: (by Dr Simon-Pierre Landry): Viser Juste [PDF] May 2014
- Interview: CMAJ (by Wendy Glauser): Choosing Wisely campaign well received (login required) [PDF] May 13, 2014
- Invited Blog: BCMJ Blog: Less can lead to better results [PDF] Apr 14, 2014
* Slide decks are available for your viewing but not intended for you to use without permission; all content on this site is intellectual property © J Otte & not to be copied, used, or revised without explicit written permission.